Thursday, November 9, 2006

Garden of the Gods

Even thought I was born in Colorado Springs, I didn't spend much time there until I was a bit older. My family would take short road trips from Loveland (which is about 1.5 hrs North) and we would hike and explore the area. I love mountain biking at Garden of the Gods! There are some sweet trails that take you all around the park... I used to have a great Scott brand bike but outgrew it and ended up with my Dad's carbon fiber Diamondback. These days I ride a Marin (which is funny because I lived in Marin California when I bought it used).

Okay, so besides mountain biking there is really a lot to do at Garden of the Gods. One of my favorite parts is watching rock climbers! The whole park is full of rock formations that jutt out of the ground and provide world class climbing routs. If you ever get the chance to go, head towards the main formations (the largest ones near the visitors center) and walk in between the rocks on the trail, you will see free climbers and skilled lead climbers making assisted asents all the way to the top. People also jog around these parts and there is a lot of horseback riding.

No comments: