Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Surfing in Hawaii

While I've never actually been to Hawaii, it's always been a dream for me. The warm waters, huge waves, beatiful coral! Hawaii is awesome and it hosts the Pipe Masters competition at Pipeline for the best surfers in the world. This is a legendary spot where the likes of Bruce and Andy Irons grew up. I love "The Bruce Show" by the way, if you get a chance, snag that DVD.

I've actually heard that people can climb the volcanoes in Hawaii and that sometimes you can even ski down! When I was younger I considered going to college in Hawaii because I think they have a special exchange program with Colorado (where I grew up) that allows people to get in state tuition! How awesome would that be? I'm not sure how good the schools are or what programs they offer, CU Boulder was great for business and engineering so all you Hawaiians might want to check out the program. Some of my best friends and residents were from Hawaii, including Allison - who loved to mountain bike and hike. She had a head injury from crashing her bike in Hawaii and the injury worsened at CU when she fell again on her bike. She was a great girl and a gifted artist. She painted a mural on her dorm wall (which isn't allowed) but was totally cool and really beautiful... until we had to paint over it.

Well, someday I will get to visit Hawaii and when I do I plan on renting a nice condo, maybe heding over to Maui and getting a Maui Vacation Rental so I can surf it up and enjoy the beautiful ocean, rainforest and waterfalls.

No comments: